How to Set Up Synology Drive for Remote Access
In this guide, we will walk you through the steps to set up Synology Drive for remote access. Synology Drive is a file synchronization and sharing solution that allows you to access your files from anywhere, using any device. With remote access, you can conveniently and securely access your files even when you are away from your Synology NAS.
Before you begin, make sure you have the following:
- A Synology NAS (Network Attached Storage) device
- An active internet connection
- A remote device (such as a computer, smartphone, or tablet) to access your files
Step 1: Enable QuickConnect
To access Synology Drive remotely, you need to enable QuickConnect on your Synology NAS. QuickConnect is a service provided by Synology that allows you to easily connect to your NAS from anywhere without the need to set up port forwarding.
- Open the Synology DiskStation Manager (DSM) web interface by entering your NAS IP address in a web browser.
- Go to "Control Panel" and click on "QuickConnect".
- Check the box next to "Enable QuickConnect" and follow the prompts to set up a QuickConnect ID.
- Once you have set up QuickConnect, make note of your QuickConnect ID as you will need it for remote access.
Step 2: Set Up Synology Drive Server
Now that you have enabled QuickConnect, you can set up Synology Drive Server to allow remote access to your files.
- Open the Synology DSM web interface and go to "Package Center".
- Search for "Drive" in the search bar and click on "Install".
- After the installation is complete, open Synology Drive from the main menu.
- Click on the "Settings" icon in the top right corner, and then select "Remote Access".
- Enable the option "Allow Synology Drive clients to access server securely via QuickConnect".
- Enter your QuickConnect ID in the provided field.
- Click on "Apply" to save the settings.
Step 3: Set Up Synology Drive Clients
Now that you have set up Synology Drive Server for remote access, you need to install Synology Drive clients on your remote devices to access the files.
- On your remote device, go to the respective app store (e.g., Google Play Store for Android, App Store for iOS) and search for "Synology Drive".
- Download and install the Synology Drive app.
- Open the Synology Drive app and log in using your QuickConnect ID and password.
- Once you are logged in, you will be able to access and manage your files stored on your Synology NAS remotely.
Congratulations! You have successfully set up Synology Drive for remote access. Now you can conveniently access your files from anywhere using Synology Drive clients on your remote devices.