Synology Surveillance Station Overview
Synology Surveillance Station is a comprehensive and intuitive surveillance system designed for managing and monitoring multiple IP cameras. It provides users with a wide range of features, including real-time monitoring, video and event management, and advanced analytics. With Synology Surveillance Station, users can easily set up a surveillance network to protect their homes or businesses.
Key Features of Synology Surveillance Station:
- Real-time monitoring: Live-view streams from multiple cameras can be accessed simultaneously on a single interface for real-time monitoring.
- Recording and playback: Recordings from IP cameras can be stored on a Synology NAS (Network Attached Storage), allowing users to review footage at any time.
- Event management: The system can detect various events, such as motion detection or alarm triggers, and send notifications to users.
- Advanced analytics: Surveillance Station offers advanced features like people counting, facial recognition, and heat mapping for enhanced security and business intelligence.
- Mobile access: Users can remotely monitor their surveillance system using Synology's mobile apps, available for iOS and Android devices.
How to Use Synology Surveillance Station
Step 1: Hardware Setup
Install compatible IP cameras in the desired locations and connect them to the local network. Make sure the cameras are compatible with Synology Surveillance Station.
Step 2: Software Installation
- Install and set up a Synology NAS on your network.
- Install the Surveillance Station app from the Synology Package Center.
- Launch the Surveillance Station web interface.
Step 3: Camera Integration
- In the Surveillance Station web interface, click on "Camera" and then "Add Camera".
- Choose the method of camera integration (such as "Auto-Add", "IP Camera", or "ONVIF"). Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the integration process.
Step 4: Configuration and Monitoring
- Configure camera settings, such as resolution, frame rate, and motion detection.
- Set up recording schedules and storage preferences.
- Access the live view to monitor cameras in real-time. Organize camera feeds into different layouts and customize monitoring options.
Step 5: Additional Settings
- Explore and configure additional features like event management, notifications, user access controls, and advanced analytics as per your requirements.
- Set up remote access using a VPN or Synology's QuickConnect service for monitoring your surveillance system outside the local network.
By following these steps, users can effectively set up and utilize Synology Surveillance Station to create a robust and reliable surveillance network.