To log in to your Synology NAS remotely, you can follow the steps below:
1. Set up QuickConnect
QuickConnect is a service provided by Synology that allows you to access your NAS remotely without the need for port forwarding. It simplifies the process of remote access by automatically establishing a secure connection between your device and your NAS. To set up QuickConnect, you need to:
- Open the Synology DiskStation Manager (DSM) on your NAS.
- Navigate to the "Control Panel" and select "QuickConnect."
- Enable QuickConnect and create a Synology account if you haven't already.
- Associate your NAS device with your Synology account by following the on-screen instructions.
2. Access Your NAS via QuickConnect
Once you have set up QuickConnect, you can easily log in to your Synology NAS remotely. Here's how:
- Open a web browser on your remote device (computer, smartphone, tablet).
- Enter the following URL in the address bar:
- Replace "[YourQuickConnectID]" with your unique QuickConnect ID assigned to your Synology account.
- Press Enter or Return to load the QuickConnect portal.
- Enter your Synology account credentials (username and password) and click "Sign in."
- After successful authentication, you will be able to access your Synology NAS remotely through the browser interface.
- Make sure your Synology NAS is powered on and connected to the internet.
- Some features may require additional configuration for remote access.
By following these steps, you will be able to log in to your Synology NAS remotely using QuickConnect. This method provides a convenient and secure way to access your files, media, and applications from anywhere, without the need for complex network configurations.